I am into all things crafty: scrap-booking, making cards, painting, photography, sewing, baking (yes, baking is a craft), and arts & crafts of all kinds!
In this blog, I want to show the world all the pretty things that I make, though mostly I want to focus of cards and scrapbook pages.
But first- a bit about me. I am an x-ray technologist by day, living in Ottawa, ON with my husband, and our lovely Himalayan doll-faced kitty, named Qi (pronounced Key). I am a proud mama (ie crazy cat lady), so here is a picture of him: Click here for the cute kitty! Like it? Want to see more? Follow my Instagram.
Some of my other hobbies include bellydancing and making dance costumes, writing, fashion, board games, cooking, running and have I mentioned making things?
I love to travel, and to record our various adventures on scrapbook pages. I also like to scrap about my cat, family, and friends.
I have been scrapbooking since 2008, and doing arts and crafts ever since I can remember.
Some of my favorite, can’t-live-without crafting supplies include:
1. My Silhouette Portrait duh! I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. The amazing amount of versatility this product has makes it worth every penny.
2. Paper- the one reason that I’m not into digital scrapbooking. I love the texture of paper, I love working with it, I love cutting it. I love gluing bits of paper to other bits of paper.
3. Found items- it wouldn’t be called “scrap” booking if it weren’t for the scraps. I love collecting bits of magazine paper, buttons, scraps of ribbon, packaging, etc to use in my creative endeavors.
4. Thread and sewing machine– ever since I figured out that you can stitch on paper…
5. My cameras- the fancy one I take pictures of my creations with (and sometimes try to be a photographer with) is a Canon Rebel, and my everyday camera that takes all the pictures that make it into my scrapbook is my iPhone, because the best camera is the one you carry with you always.
6. Washi Tape- it’s pretty AND it sticks things to other things! What’s not to love?
7. Sequins and Enamel dots- I’m not the kind of girl that will stick to 10 items in a top 10 list, so I have to combine some… I love anything that adds sparkle to my layout or card.
8. Versamarker– it’s so versatile! (see what I did there? ;) I also love bad puns).
9. Liquid watercolors- you can paint with them, or you can use them as splatter. And they come in metallic shades.
10. Gel pens- I’m a sucker for a nice pen. And gel pens can be used as sketch pens in the Silhouette.
11. My laptop- see I told you I couldn’t keep this list to 10 items. I NEED my computer. To design cut files for my Silhouette, print pretty things, edit my photos, play a movie while I scrapbook….
Being Canadian, I never know if I want to add a U to color or favorite. Blogger keeps telling me favourite is wrong, and I can’t stand having red lines…. so I tend to use them interchangeably.
Colour: purple, the one thing I can always agree on with myself is I love purple.
Pattern: stripes and polka dots
Food: bread and cheese in all of it’s iterations- grilled cheese, pizza, fondue, etc.
Season: I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the idea of summer…and sun… and all things hot…
Book: anything by Stephen King, I will reread over and over. So guess this is better labelled as favorite Author.
TV-show: Friends and Grey’s Anatomy
Movie: Despicable Me 1&2
Shape: heart <3
Font: really, I have to pick 1? I can spend hours browsing through fonts trying to pick just 1 that I like best for a project… So I will just go with my current favorite today which is Sacramento.
Sex position: Are you still reading this? Really? Go look at my projects instead! Here’s one to start you off!